Policies and Disclaimers
Since clients pay by the month, you are effectively buying a space in my practice. If something planned in advance will prevent us from having at least 4 meetings in a month, then I'm happy to discount the month. I typically consider something planned in advance if I'm informed at least the session before, though at the beginning of the month is convenient since that's when we settle payment. At least one week's notice is required in order to consider something planned in advance. If something comes up short notice, then I do my best to reschedule, which is often possible. If rescheduling is not possible, then there is no adjustment to the monthly fee.
Every coaching client is required to sign a coaching agreement. Resume, Cover Letter and Interview clients do not sign an agreement. This document describes the work we'll be doing together and how it will be achieved. I have a standard format that I use for this agreement, but all terms are negotiable, so don't hesitate to propose changes that will more clearly describe how we will be working together.
My coaching agreement includes the following components:
- Who is involved in the coaching: In other words, you, the client, and me, the coach.
- When coaching starts and how long it continues: Typically the agreement starts on our first session and lasts for a minimum of three months.
- How much coaching costs, when payment occurs: Payment typically occurs on the first session of the month, but this can be negotiated if needed. My current rate information is found on the Weekly Coaching page.
- How often sessions occur, how long they last, and if they are in person or via phone: Sessions are typically best if they're one hour once a week in person or via phone. Shorter or longer sessions, more or less frequently are also available upon request.
- What happens after the initial three month commitment and the procedure for concluding the coaching relationship: Typically the agreement moves into a month-to-month phase, and I ask at least 14 days notice so that we can ensure we have a final session before our relationship concludes.
- What is coaching and what is it not: The power in a coaching relationship comes from the client, so clear communication of desires and desired outcomes is vital. Also, coaching is not therapy or counseling, but it can it on difficult or painful areas. If we hit on subject matter that is better addressed by a therapist, I will let you know what area that is. I am happy to provide you referrals to therapists who specialize in that area, and we can continue working together on the business-end of things.
- Confidentiality and promotion concerns: Everything discussed in session will be kept strictly confidential. I can also keep the fact that you're working with a coach confidential, or I can disclose that you're my client in order to make strategic connections that will support your goals. You can indicate which you prefer on the agreement.
- Sign and Date: we both sign and date the agreement indicating that we both agree to the terms outlined therein. I will provide you with a copy (digital or hard copy) of the signed document.
A full copy of my standard Coaching Agreement can be found a that link.
Maggie Karshner, entrepreneurial coach, provides the www.maggiekarshner.com Web site as a service to the public and Web site owners.
Maggie Karshner, entrepreneurial coach, is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this Web site is correct, complete, and up-to-date.
Although the Maggie Karshner, entrepreneurial coach, Web site may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including Web sites, Maggie Karshner, entrepreneurial coach, is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
Links from Maggie Karshner, entrepreneurial coach, to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by Maggie Karshner, entrepreneurial coach, of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the Web site of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by Maggie Karshner, entrepreneurial coach, and Maggie Karshner, entrepreneurial coach, has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.