Self-Employed Business Paperwork Sessions
One early hurdle to self-employment is the paperwork it takes to start a business. There are licenses you need, insurance, forming a legal entity for your business, etc. and it's all mired in bureaucracy. Knowing what you need to do is one challenge, but then navigating the forms is a whole other challenge.
For existing businesses, licenses have to be renewed, and various business taxes have to paid. What are all the acronyms for the agencies again? Are you remembering all the agencies? Why has this been on your to do list for so long but isn't getting done?!?!
Let me be your paperwork buddy. I'll share my experience across dozens of small businesses to guide you to the (online) forms you need. Then I'll move through the paperwork with you, offering guidance on which of that bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo you really need to pay attention to. Don't get stuck in the quagmire of end of year administrative work!
You'll leave our session with tasks accomplished and clear next steps on anything that can't be completed in one sitting.
Each Session Includes:
- Calm, patient guidance
- Relief from anxiety
- Feeling of accomplishment
- Clear next steps
- Enough time to do one to two of the following:
- check your business name is not already in use
- file for a legal business entity (e.g. sole proprietorship, LLC, S-corp, etc.)
- file for a state business license (which gets you a UBI#)
- file for a city business license
- file for a Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- file state business taxes
- file city business taxes
Give yourself and your business the gift of the proper paperwork!
$75 for a 60 min session
at my office or via skype or phone
* Please note these sessions do not contain legal or accounting advice. These sessions are peer-to-peer guidance on processes that are available to any individual interested in starting a business or operating a small business.